This week has been amazing. It started off a little shaky however, we had a class chat and we started all anew. On Wednesday I woke up with this awesome feeling that it was going to be an amazing day. I ended Wednesday feeling a little frustrated, however I had Bible study at our house that night and I was determine to turn the day around. I came home and made french fries for Bible study and I had chicken and rice which was amazing. I found that serving others is a great way for making your day better. At Bible study we listen to a message from Rob bell and it was about finding Christ in common things. That just opened my eyes and just made me realize that I need to look for Christ in all of my students and the things they do. Going into school on Thursday I had this amazing feeling and I cant quite describe it I was just so happy. I really just was focused on who God was and I knew He was going to make this day awesome. So I went into the day just wanting to see God in the common things. At Bible study we also talked about taking out your Bible and reading it throughout the day. Who would have thought? So I was determine to keep my good attitude all day. On the board I wrote a message from Me and I put a quote up there saying that today is good because God is good and it really was a reminder for me but I wanted the students to see that as well. By lunch I was feeling a little down and I had my Bible opened to Ephesians and it was talking about putting on the new self and it just brightened up my attitude again. I just kept reading that passage throughout the day and it was awesome. Friday was the same way I just have been excited about Christ and I have been amazed that I was chosen from God to do this great job. I have just been on fire for Christ and I hope that I can share this passion with my students.
Saturday was also amazing I got to go to Osue, I went with another new teacher and we had to do everything by ourselves which is kind of a scary experience when you really don't know what you are doing. So I walked by myself to max mark which is about 2 blocks or so away from our house. I met up with Meghan and we bartered for a taxi which was really fun. We then got to osue and we looked around and I bought a new dress made from a Ghanaian. We continued to walk around and I found some ear rings and a bag. I was also looking for a Ghana shirt to wear to the black stars game which we are going to on Sunday after church. I got home and I had the house to myself which was awesome. I got to watch some movies, grade papers, and skype. The day ended well. I feel so much more independent and that I can do some things without the girls that have been here longer. I am so excited about the game today and the week ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment