wow! I cant believe that the first week of school is over. It has been crazy here trying to get everything put together and ready but it happend. THe first day went really fast and I got to know my kids and what worked and what didnt really fast. I realized that each of these students have a lot of different strengths and disablities. My class has lots of different personalities adn they mix pretty well. Teaching has been a lot of fun so far and I am so excited about our Bible class. God is good and our Bible times have been really good. Friday my students started talking about the trinity. We also have been talking about God's big plan and how different things or people are apart of this plan. We looked at how Jesus was part of it and we started looking how we are apart of the plan. My students have been asking some really good questions. we start every class with Bible and pray. Then we sing This is the Day. We then go on with the rest of our main subjects.
I never knew how tiring it would be to have my own classroom and have to do all of the work. I mean you get a little bit of it during student teaching but it is nothing compared to teaching. I love comming home and relaxing and then making dinner. That is probably one of my new favorite things to do is cook. I have experimenting with so many things and they have been pretty good. I have made home made pizza and french fries which i have made with my family when i was younger. It is a taste of home which is always refreshing. This morning we made pancakes and syrup from scratch they were pretty good. They could have been a little thicker but we know for next time that we add more flour.
Last night we got invited over to one of my student's house for dinner. It was amazing it was like a banquet. This family is an amazing christian family who blesses our school not only financially but with their prayers. One thing that was amazing yesterday was a nestle coffee dispenser. It was amazing it gave not only coffee but hot chocolate. This family is going to buy two of these to put into the school, one in elementary and another in the high school. God has been blessing us since we got here. Today we are going to a new place called Osou.
Continue to pray for adjusting to the food and the different bacteria, this week it has really been effecting me. Also for the students and our class as we continue the year together. We picked our class verse and it is Psalm 27.1 The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid.
Thank you for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment