I rejoice greatly in the Lord! That at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because i am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through him who gives me strength. Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.
Philippians 4:10-14
I read this the other day in my devotions and it has really stuck with me. Being content, I think this is something that everyone struggles with, and I really have been asking myself am I really content with where I am, and what I have. I have been blessed not only in America, but in Africa. Sure we don't have hot water a lot or water pressure to take showers with and I think am I content with that. I woke up this morning to take a shower and I turned the water heater on waited about 15 minutes so that it can warm up or whatever and then I went to shower and it was amazing hot water lots of water pressure like taking a shower in the states and I realized how thankful I was for that shower and it seems silly but i realized i have not been content with that. I would often complain to myself and say I cant wait to get a shower in the states and I am not content. I was trying to explain these verses to my class the other day because somethings got turned around at school and something got canceled and so I was kind of stuck without a Bible lesson and I remembered these verses and I just wanted them to get them to see that they should be happy and okay with any situation because God is our strength. He is the one that gets us up in the morning and gets us through the day and night.
I am Content with having no hot water and water pressure most days, being without electricity at school pretty much everyday, not having enough books in some subjects, not having enough resources to do a lot of things but being okay with that because God is my strength and I can do everything through Him because He gives me strength.
Um a lot has been going on here, last week was supposed to be spiritual emphasis week however a lot of things happened so we had to postpone that. God is good. The last two weeks I really have a had a hard time sleeping. I only got about 3-4 hours on a good night of sleep. So my body was so run down and I was exhausted. On Tuesday night I took a sleeping pill and got 6 hours and I was still really tired on Wednesday and could not stay up till 7. However, I went to Bible study and then came home and slept through the night I got about 6 hours again. The last three days or so I have been sleeping great. I sleep until 7 or so on the weekends and I wake up at 4.30 on week days and I am so thankful for all of you that were praying for my sleeping habits.
I have a couple of Muslim students in my class and we have really been focusing on John 14.6 "Jesus answered I am the way the truth and the life no man comes to the father except through me. " This is the verse we are doing for chapel and we are singing the song One Way Jesus by Hillsong and at the beginning they were not saying this verse or really getting into the song and now I see them saying the verse with us and doing the actions and singing the song which seems small but is huge. I have one in particular that just got off fasting and I see him starting to open up and ask some questions and really participate in Bible where we are looking at the life of Christ and his followers a lot of it is from Acts and the gospels. Pray for the Muslim students in our school and our school because the administrators have been taking some heat from some of the Muslim parents because their students are praying out loud in chapel and just really starting to see Christ for who He is so great things are happening but the devil is alive and working.
I have now tutor a student for two weeks and it is going better. I am really focusing on speaking and writing English as well as reading English because this is their first time in an English speaking school. We are starting to be able to get some things done because they are paying attention a lot more and so we have been able to do more. Just continue to pray for me as I work with this student so I can be even more of a witness to them. This student also told me that his mom was going to buy him a Bible and that really just makes me smile because this is probably one of his first Bibles if not the first and I just want to utilize that as much as possible.
Today we have a picnic that the PTO is hosting and so me and Meghann are going to meet some of the other teachers and go up there and hang and play some boggle.
Continue to pray for the students that they will keep opening up and taking in Christ. Also pray for the parents that I can show them Christ. I would also ask that you pray for one of my students who is going to be moving within the next month. He has grown so much this year already and he is one of those students that you can't help but love them and want them to do so much. He inspires me in a way. I pray for him a lot and he struggles with a lot of things just in general but always tries. I am a little nervous that when he goes to his new school he is going to struggle more because it is a new place and new school and he will have to make new friends. I am hoping to add the video of my students at chapel when they do chapel which is not this coming week but the next week.
I have devotions tomorrow for our staff meeting so just pray for that and that I can share about being content with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment