Wow! It has been a long time since I have last written. I am sorry its been so long life has been busy and the electricity and internet being out hasn't helped. But those things are normal to me now.
Its funny how things like that don't even affect me anymore I just expect them to happen after four years. I realized how normal they had become when my dad came and they were nothing to me and how they were an inconvenience to him. I stole a phrase from my best friend here in Ghana when my dad was here and its a simple phrase, it's normal. I got to see somethings I had never seen before in Ghana while my dad was here like the gardens in Aburi which were beautiful. I saw my first ghanian play at the National Theatre which was an interesting experience, but loved it.
I can't believe this school year is almost over. It seems like all that has happen was so long ago and to think that it just all happened 8 months ago. God has brought us through a lot but the weeding needed to happen. I love that God's name goes out even when everything is falling apart. The people I work with are amazing and I have become closer with this group of teachers and staff then any other group of people I have worked with here at AIS. The testimony of the staff at this school is truly reaching the community around us and this is only by God's doing. NO ONE can take credit for what is happening at our school all credit belongs to our AMAZING GOD!
The past two weeks have been two weeks of opportunities. God has been really pressing on my heart to bless others with what he has blessed me with. GOd has blessed me with so much and I am so thankful for all that He has given me. He has given me amazing co-workers, and awesome friends, parents that support me, students that show me how fortunate I am to have grown up the way i did, and the opportunity to be in GHana and live here for the past 4 years and hopefully many more.
Last weekend I got to host the Volleyball girls overs at my apartment for our end of the year party. THere was 13 middle and high school girls in my small apartment. They were sleeping everywhere. I got the opportunity to sleep for 3 hours in one of my chairs with my feet up against the wall (I realize that I am to old for sleep over parties. lol) THese girls are amazing and just allow them to be a little crazy and do what teenage girls like to do, eat, dance, talk about boys, watch movies, and plenty more. I got to just get to know these girls a little better. I truly believe relationships with people is the first step to sharing the gospel and so I love the opportunity to get to know them better so I can share with them Who Christ is and what He has done for them and Me and help them grow in that relationship. Pray for opportunities to speak truth into their lives.
After that weekend I came down with some kind of virus. It was not fun at all. I thought I might have typhoid or Malaria but after being tested for both of them and them coming back negative it was just some kind of virus. I don't think I have ever slept so much in three days. God put some amazing friends in my life to help me out though. Friends that checked up on me throughout the day in text messages seeing what they could do to help, friends that took me to the lab to get tested for different things, friends that brought me soup and crackers, friends that took on doing more for my class then is in their job description and friends that organize and get things ready for me during my break so i could take a nap on my floor during my break. I have been blessed with good health for the most part since I have been here and I thank God for that. Prayers for health and staying healthy are always appreciated since it is so easy to come down with something here.
THis coming week I get the opportunity to lead worship at school for the staff on Friday. My theme for that is just praising God for who He is. Something God has really been speaking to me is how awesome and powerful He is and really just rejoicing in Who He is. Our GOd is truly amazing, unstoppable, unshakable, unchangeable, and not taken by surprise about anything. I think the craziest thing is that He is all those things and still He loves me, He loves you and is there for us no matter what. He takes care of us and all the little details in the world. Today at church the sermon was on worrying and if you know me pretty well you know i am a worrier about everything, which is so stupid because I don't need to worry at all because God has it under control. When I worry I doubt God's power and His love for me. I mean He takes care of the birds and gives them food and shelter so why wouldn't He take care of me. I mean He has proved himself over and over again that He will take care of me. I just need the wake up call sometimes but don't we all.
Also this week my kids get to do chapel. I love my first graders they have really blossomed into some amazing kids and I am going to miss them dearly next year. They are doing a skit about Elijah and the false prophets and how the false prophets had to do all these things to try to get Baal to listen and send fire and they just made themselves exhausted but how Elijah just had to pray and GOd showed himself almighty again. They are singing songs that just praise GOd for who He is and I love hearing them praise God. Pray for our chapel this week that GOd will speak to someone in the audience and that all the kids, teachers, and parents will just have an open heart to what GOd is saying to us on Wednesday.
Almost 4 weeks until I am back stateside with all of you. I miss all of you and thankful for the opportunity to see all of you. Pray for me as I prepare to leave and say goodbye to my friends that will not be coming back this year. Two of my really good friends that I talk to about everything are leaving this year and its going to be really hard to say goodbye to them. I have come to hate how people always leave.
THanks for all your support and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment