It has taken me a long time to get to the point where I actually believed that God does actually work all things together for my good. I must admit this year has been a whirl wind of emotions and ups and downs. You know I wouldn't have changed any of it. I have learned so much this past school year and I look back at 2012 and I can honestly say I am glad its over but still wouldn't change a thing. Life is hard but I was never promised a life that was going to be easy. This year I have really come to known what it means to take up your cross daily. This last year I have known lost but I have also known gain. I lost some friends but God has brought others into my life that have helped me during certain times and then took them and brought old friends back. I lost my sense of security but I gain a sense of God's protection. I lost trust in people but gained a new reliance on God. I was determined to make 2013 year that is focused on Joy. Having the renewed confidence in who i am in Christ.
My verse for this year Deuteronomy 30:20a. That thou mayest LOVE the LORD thy GOD and that thou mayest OBEY his VOICE and that thou mayest CLEAVE unto him for HE IS LIFE .
On Fridays we have worship at school for our staff meetings and there is one chorus that we sang that hit me this Friday and it really put the joy back into my life. The chorus says, " you stay the same through the ages your love never changes there may be pain in the night but JOY comes in the morning. And when the oceans rage I don't have to be afraid because i know that you love me your love never fails."
This past week I have realized God that GOD DOES WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD! God has answered my prayers. For the past 2 years I have been praying for one of my best friends that God would work in his life. He was open and we have talked about Christ before but nothing really came of it. Well coming back to Ghana I hadn't talked to that friend in a while and He told me he had gone to church and has been sending me verses and prayers this week. I can tell there is a change in him and it has encouraged me. God brought him back into my life to show me how faithful He is.
I don't know what the future holds and I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow or the next but I am OK with that because i know God has it under control and that in the end it is going to be the best for me.
Thank you so much for all of those who support me through prayer, giving of funds, and encouragement. You will never know how thankful for all of you.
He will delight in you with gladness with his love, hew ill calm all your fears he will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17b
No comments:
Post a Comment