All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Monday, October 4, 2010

a chance to change a ...

life. Today I found out how it felt to really encourage a student and why I am here in Accra. Today I had a student that went from a great attitude to a bad, sad, i don't care about anything attitude. I dealt with the situation and eventually had to put him in the hall. I went out to talk to him and I was telling him how I love the positive _____ and how I want him to do well and succeed and how I care what happens to him. I asked him if he believed it and he said why should I and started crying. My heart broke that this third grader felt like he was not cared for. So we talked for a little bit more and I sent him to the bathroom to wipe his face. Then when I sent the rest of the kids out to lunch I prayed with him and sent him to recess. I assured him that I was here for him and that if he needed to come talk to me I was here and any thing he said to me would stay between my unless it was something I had to pass on. Please pray for him. I am not sure where his heart lies but pray for this student who is going something hard right now. Pray that he knows he is cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment