All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

As iron sharpens iron

This week we had our first meeting for the sharpeners and it was a blast. I really feel God is going to impact these kids lives for Him. They have so many good ideas and they really just want to be stronger young men and women for Christ. We have grown to about 10 students, which we have gained 2 tenth graders.

My students have been such an encouragement to me this week in little ways. Little notes they have left me or random hugs. God is good and he uses the little things to impact huge in my life and others.

God has been working here in Ghana we had many students come to Christ at a chapel call in the high school I think two weeks ago at chapel and I know there are some students in my class that are really struggling with the idea of Christ.

Yesterday I got to relax by the pool which was nice and just read the Bible, read my book and listen to Shawn Mcdonald, and truly just a get a relaxation and refreshment from the Lord. Then I got to go out to sushi with some of the wonderful teachers that I work with. After a good message today in church about not being of the world there is 30 people I work with coming over for our 2nd annual fiesta. This week we have a 4 day week. We get Friday off which is great.

Pray:

There has been a lot more robberies around East Legon which is the part of Accra that I live in. Pray for safety as the police have stopped their road blocks. PRay for the continued work of the Holy Spirit in all of my classes, and our school. Praise the Lord for all the rain we are getting it is still raining here which is very odd for this time of year. Praise the Lord for good health I have yet to be sick this year which is an 100% improvement from last year.

THanks for all the prayers and the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment