1. One is that sometimes being around the same people day after day can wear on you. I am to the point where I need a change of people.
2. I need an outlet other than the people I work with and live with. Last night being in the house by myself was nice I just got to think and something that really hit me was this past year I have learned a lot but I have focused to much on the people I live with and the people I work with and that is not why I am here.
3. I shouldn't need an outlet from them because I should focus on them. My focus should be on who Christ is and sharing him with my students and nothing else matters. So many times I just want to be alone and people in my house take is as being angry with them and I am to the point where I am over it because they are not my focus.
4. I realize that relationships need to be here but if they are hindering who you are and your attitude that you don't need them. I have learned that while I just get frustrated with certain people because of how they come off I just need to be by myself and spend time with God and get my focus back to who He is.
5. I learned that being who I am and not changing for people is important. Making a stand for what I believe and my responsibilities is important and I need to do it more often.
There is a song by casting crowns that has really just reminded me this past month of who I should be focused on. It is called I know your'e there.
If all I had was one last breath
I'd spend it just to sing Your praise
Just to say Your name
If all I had was one last prayer
I'd pray it 'cause I know You're always listening
If I could live a thousand lives, bind the hands of time
I would spend every moment by Your side
'cause I, I know You're there, I know You see me
You're the air I breathe
You are the ground beneath me
I know You're there, I know You hear me
I can find You anywhere
I'd spend it just to sing Your praise
Just to say Your name
If all I had was one last prayer
I'd pray it 'cause I know You're always listening
If I could live a thousand lives, bind the hands of time
I would spend every moment by Your side
'cause I, I know You're there, I know You see me
You're the air I breathe
You are the ground beneath me
I know You're there, I know You hear me
I can find You anywhere
Lastly I learned that my outlet is not people My outlet should be GOd and so many times I have failed at making Him my ultimate outlet but He remains faithful.
3 weeks and I will be home with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment