All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Ms. Meitzler you sound like a donkey....

This is what one of my students told me today in class when I had the hiccups. My students have their music program tomorrow and its all about a donkey ranch. So all of my students have donkeys on their minds. THis week has been full of ups and downs. My kids have been driving me crazy, they have not been listening and their minds are already on summer break. One thing I have noticed and learned about myself is I get frustrated more easily with my kids because they are not doing things that we have done everyday since the beginning of the year. Another reason is I expect a lot out of them for this time of the year maybe a little to much.

This week my heart has just been set on what is my life sharing with these kids and the neighborhood. Is my life showing Christ or is my life here sharing the values of the world. I would say that sometimes yes sometimes when I am frustrated with my class or my roommates not so much. Today I really focused on being patient and not get frustrated with misbehavior and be calm. I think I did a pretty good job at it today however it is something I strive to be better at.

Prayer request:

The spring musical which is more of just the spring music program is tomorrow pray that we have electricity and that some of the parents will see who Christ is through it. We have a lot of teaching jobs open so just pray that those can get filled they are putting some stress on our director. Pray God will bring the right teachers to the job. Continue to pray for all the attitudes of the teachers as we finish school up. We only have 18 more days so pray the teachers and students finish up strong. Pray that the volcano in Iceland doesn't hinder me getting home because I fly through London and I am traveling by myself. Pray that students sign up for our mentoring program we only have one right now.

I think that is it however if I think of something else I will post it later.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

waiting patiently with God's love
31 days till I am back in the states with you all
18 days of school left

"If all I had was one last breath I'd spend it just to sing Your praise just to say Your name!"
- casting crowns I know Your'e THere

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment