All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Something that hit me today...

Today in class we were talking about Genesis 3 and how we were made perfect in God's image and then the devil persuaded Eve. Then as I was reading for my Bible study it talked about how influential women are. If this was not true why wouldn't the serpent go to the man first, he didn't he went to the women. That just really got me thinking how am I going to be influential. I was reading about how Paul and Barnabas were persecuted in Acts 13 and 14 and they rejoiced. I was reading a quote from a missionary who lost their life in China and right before he went to the field he said this to a graduating class at Moody
" Let us remind ourselves that the Great Commission was never qualified by clauses calling for advance only if funds were plentiful and no hardship or self denial involved . On the contrary, we are told to expect tribulation and even persecution, but with it victory in Christ... It is ours to show, in the salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ and in personal communion with Him, a joy unspeakable and full of glory that cannot be affected by outside circumstances."
-- John Stam a faithful martyrs of Jesus Christ to China

How amazing is that call. I ask myself Am I ready to take that calling and I challenge you to ask yourself that same question. I know this blog is kind of out of sorts for me but this is a huge prayer request that as I teach I influence my students to take on the full commitment of Christ and not just the rainbows and sunshine but through the hardships.

No comments:

Post a Comment