All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the funny thing about being a teacher

isn't really funny. Something I realized is that being a teacher is not your only job. As a teacher you are sometimes the steadiness in a child's life. You are their counselor when they have no one else. You teach them not only subject matter you teach them life.

Sometimes life is just to hard. You may say what does a third grader know about life being hard. Being here has really made me thankful for how I grew up. Some of my students don't see their parents for weeks sometimes months on end. Some of them have in more schools then they are old. Some of them have been let down time and time again and they are only 8 and 9. Plus some of them, most of them in a culture that is not their own. So I am OKAY being that steadiness and a counselor and teacher of life because if I am not then who else is going to be.

I thank God for every single one of my students no matter how trying they may be. They all have something they bring to our class. Please Pray for my class as some of them are going through a really hard time.

PRayer
1. for a little boy in my class who was in tears for like 15 minutes today. He has a lot going on and I dont know the details but God does.
2. Pray for the details of my trip to Germany to come together. Plane tickets bought.
3. SAT testing that is going on in school this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment