All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankfulness

This week has been a fun week at school. I only had two teaching days and then we had field day which was a blast. It is awesome to see the older students take care of the younger students. I was originally supposed to be a leader of a team and I was really excited about that opportunity because I had an amazing team. However, instead I get put in charge of a game because we didn't have enough parent volunteers but I loved hanging out with all the students.


This is one of my third graders that was on team New Zealand.


This is one of third graders from last year also on Team New Zealand.

This little girl is the cutest. When we first started field day she was scared of her team captain who is an 11th grade boy. By the end of the first game she wouldn't let go of his hand. It was adorable. It also shows the heart that these students have. They get a little taste of what we as teachers get a chance to do every day. I am so thankful for that.

Of course Thursday was thanksgiving and coming into this week I was not sure of what I would be doing . A lot of my close friends were leaving to go see the elephants and then a lot of the other girls were going to their pastors house. I am so thankful God has placed an amazing family who really show Christ to our staff and they had a bunch of us over that did not have anywhere to go. I am so thankful for the wrights. I don't know what I would do without them here. I am so thankful that they are staying here next year.

Friday I got to just relax by the pool and take in the sun. I got to hang out with one of my housemates Erin. She is probably one of my best friends here, I am so excited that God put her in my house this year. We have gotten close and I love that.

Being here in Ghana I realize how much I am blessed. I have a house to live in, I know where my food is going to come from and I have a hope that keeps me going every single day. I am so thankful that I have something more to live for .

Prayer Request
My flight home in 13 days. I fly out on December 10th.

The last weeks of school. These are very hectic. I have a couple of students leaving early so I have to get everything ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment