All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

life as a teacher

How do you know what to say when you have a student searching for something that is more. Struggling with who they are and what their purpose is. On Friday I had a student just share what was going on in their life and it just broke my heart. They keep everything inside of them until it is just overbearing especially when there is a lot of decisions. I thought about what I could say or how I could relate to this student. I then remembered Job and how his friends didn't have to say anything. They just sat there with them. We have been doing Esther for our Bible study and we have been seeing that Esther was put in the palace for a time as this to save the Jewish people.

What happens if I were brought to Ghana for the second year of teaching Third grade and having a random high school study hall is not random at all. Maybe for a time as this to be here with this student listening to what is going on in their life. More and more I realize that nothing is random we are brought to certain places and given certain students for a reason. God is good and He gives us the people we need. I am so thankful for God using me in a time as this.

Please pray for this student their is a lot decisions they have to make. Continue to pray for the decision I have to make for next year. I will be with you in a little while. Just remember God has you where you are for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment