When he was little he was I believe out of twelve and they did not have much so a man came and said that he was going to take him and put him into school and give him a better life so his mother sold him to this man so he could have a better life. Little did she know she sold him into slavery. He worked very hard pulling up nets and working from like 6 to 6 or later with one meal at 3 pm. He did hard labor and did not get to go to school or anything that the man said he would do. This boy of 8 years old was beaten and worked hard all day with one meal. He later ran away from this man and met another man who did put him into school. He went through school and became a banker. He later hated being a banker and now he rescues kids that were just like him and helps them out.
Most of the kids that go to our school are very well off and have maids and drivers, and they don't have to do anything for themselves. They don't know what it means to not have enough food or are beaten all day and only eat one meal. They get to go to school.
the fact that I have a lot here and take advantage of so much and I complain because something doesn't work. For instance this week I was trying to print out things for International Day on Friday and I want to print out all of my things for Friday and there is no ink and we couldn't find it anywhere, and I was mad. I was mad because I could not print what I needed for Friday instead of being thankful for all of the technology I have in the school. The same day one of my students wanted some water and he never smiles and I told him he had to smile before he went to get water because we are privilege to have a water jug where they can just go get some right outside our room. He would not smile so wanting him to go get water I told him he needed to think about the kids that don't have clean water and have to walk miles to get some when all he had to do was go to the water fountain. These two instances really brought me back to the chapel speaker and really made me think about how thankful I should be and not complain or take advantage of the people and the things that I have.
On Friday we got out of school at 2 pm because it was International Day and we also went out to dinner that night. When we got home I got to talk to our guard Daniel and I wish I could bring him to America so you could all meet him. He is really a blessing to me and to everyone that lives in our house. I am pretty sure I would not be able to function without him. He knew I was having a rough week just really struggling with confidence in my teaching and just being thankful and really having the joy of the Lord all day and we talked about an hour just about how God has me here for a reason and I have been blessed with so much that I should have the JOY of the LORD all day long. How much my attitude affects my students and their attitudes so if I am ready to go home by lunch they are going to have the same attitude. He told me I just have to be strong in the Lord and he made me say it confidently I am strong. He was just a really big encouragement and it was nice because I got to learn a little bit more about him and his family. Daniel also shared how we inspire him and my room is right over his room outside and so he can hear my music and me singing and he told me that when he hears us singing and music he knows that we are happy and it makes him happy and I never thought about that, we are a ministry for him and he loves when we are happy and he loves hearing us do the most ridiculous things just because we are happy. Daniel cleans our house usually once a week and I have on my mirror "Today is a good day because God is good. Rejoice in the Lord always I will say it again rejoice", and he told me that he loves that I have that up in my room because it is an awesome reminder to what we should be every single day because we sacrifice very little to what God gave up for us because he loves us.
This leads me to prayer request:
- My spring break trip to Germany to work with A.J. and Anna, the missionaries I worked with my sophomore year in college. We are going to be buying out tickets this week.
- health, it is getting a lot hotter and here and dehydration is a big concern and a lot of teachers are getting sick with fevers and coughs.
- being confident in my teaching and in myself
- I am leaving for a conference with women of the harvest next weekend March 4-7 pray that I find a sub for my class so that I can go to this conference and really focus on God.
- focus on truly being thankful for all the wonderful things that I have and the opportunities I have that so many people don't, and have the joy of the Lord all day long.
No comments:
Post a Comment