Life here has been one of ups and downs the last
two weeks, but even in those ups and downs God has remained faithful and given strength when needed. There have been many lessons and stories from these weeks. I have just two that I would love to share with you.
The first is about rest. WHen you have moments of feeling well and then feeling horrible you learn quickly that you are forced to rest. People that know me can say
that rest and relaxation is something I don’t do very well. To just not being
doing something is a thing I don’t know. There is always something to be doing.
It makes me think of the story of Mary and Martha. Martha was so busy trying to
get everything perfect and ready for Jesus that she forgot to just rest in his
presence. Mary, on the other hand, knew what it was like to just rest in Christ
Presence. I think the last two weeks I have really learned what it meant to
just rest in his presence. There is always something to be done but if we don't take the time to just rest we won't get the opportunity to learn more. We find rest under God's wing and through rest we find strength.
THe second is how GOd gives us strength when we need it. This I learned again on Wednesday when I was exhausted and warn down and really just wanted to stay at home. However, I had to speak at chapel on Wednesday. To be honest I didn't think I was going to make it at all and really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stand and speak for the 10 minutes or so I was supposed to. As soon as I got up to speak about the mission God has given us to share CHrist with others I forgot all about being week. As i spoke about David and GOliath and how God is bigger than our problems and our doubts and fears my strength was renewed. The three points were to Go on are mission in obedience, in faith, and knowing God was going with us. Just like David did when he went to fight Goliath. THe closing of the message I think I was most excited about, because it said that we can't go on the mission God has given us unless we know who God is, unless we have a relationship with him. We can't tell others about who God is or what He did for us unless we know him and have a relationship. I related this to a person I just met. I can't go to my friends and say hey this person... because I don't know anything about this person. I can't tell them things I've learned from them or experiences I have had with them because I don't have any. The same is with God. If i don't have the relationship with Him how can I tell other people what He has done for me or anything about God. SO in order to do this mission we have to ask Jesus to come into my heart. Not only do we have to do that we have to get to know him, we have to learn about Him through the Bible and prayer. I then got to pray for the students in prek3 through 5th grade. I don't know if anyone accepted Christ that day but I don't need to know that. All I need to know is that I shared what I know about God and planted the seed that hopefully the holy spirit stirs in these little ones hearts to talk to me or their teachers to find out more about who he is. God knows who made that commitment to HIm and to God be the glory for those who did. Its not my doing I am just a vessel God uses to share who He is to me. I am so privilege to be that vessel.
Please pray for the next couple of chapels as we start talking about superheroes of the Bible and characteristics they had. To show us how to be superheroes of God's.
PRAISE THE LORD on Saturday I got the clearance from the Dr. about my malaria. I don't have to take another round of pills unless I get the symptoms again. I still tested positive but it was very moderate and the Dr. said it was probably because I had just finished the second dosage on Thursday morning. My energy is back up and I am feeling really good. Rest is still needed so that can be a prayer for me that i just rest.
COntinue to pray for the school. PRay that God is shown through our school and we can have a great outreach in our community and people will see clearly the vision of our school and that really its not our school but Gods.
Thanks for all your prayers and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment