All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

God's little surprises


I love when God gives us little things to remind us that He is with us. This week I have many God surprises.

The first one was on the second day of school. I was reading the book Wimberley Worried by Kevin Henkes.  During the story I asked my kids why we didn’t have to worry. One student answered because we have God. This lead to more questions and the question of how we go to Heaven. So this led me to ask them the question of how do we go to Heaven? Some of the students answered with being good, listening, and obeying. I told them those were all good things but none of those get us to go to Heaven. We talked about the only way to go to Heaven was to ask Jesus to come into our hearts. That he died on the cross and took all the bad things we do so that we could go to Heaven and all we have to do is accept that gift and believe who he says he is. Then we went back to reading our story.

The second God surprise was Thursday night/ early morning. I have been trying to decide what to speak about in chapel in two weeks. I must have been worrying about it before I feel asleep and so I had a dream that I was speaking in chapel and nothing was going right but I just started speaking on David and going and then I woke up. At 1:07 in the morning, half asleep, I wrote down everything that was in my mind. It was all about David and how he had to go in obedience, faith, and knowing God was fighting the battle. How we have to go in obedience, faith, and knowing will fight the battle when we complete the great commission. God honestly gave me these words there is no way I would have come up with them by myself.

It amazes me that God’s little surprise reminds us to just talk to God and then listen. When we do this we don’t worry so much and God takes care of it for us. So often I can pray for things and not take the time to listen to what God is telling me concerning what I prayed.

God is working in my class and in my life even after the first week of school. Continue to pray for my class of 17. Pray for the chapels that are coming up. Pray for strength and confidence in all the rolls that the Lord has me in this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment