All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Friday, February 17, 2012

love letter

So this week was valentines day. Coming into this week I was really excited because I love Valentines Day. I don't know why I just think it is a really fun holiday that you get to show someone you care about them even more than usual. It was a lot of fun I gave one of my friends a valentine and it was his first one (of course it was a kiddy one) He loved it and was excited to get one.

Well an assignment we had from our care group members was to write a love note to God. We are so quick to write love notes to our significant others and whoever else but do we really stop and write a love note to the one who loves us more than anyone else. It took me a long time to do this because I didn't know what to write. How do you express all you have to say to someone who has greater love than you ever known. I finally wrote it.I have read it many times this week when I have felt overwhelmed and stressed or just plain down to remind me of who this God is I serve. I thought I would share it to encourage you to write one to God as am offering and an encouragement or reminder of who God is.

Dear God,
So I have been thinking a lot about what it means to be in love. The last couple of days I have come to find the funny thing about it is that it has nothing to do with me but has everything to do with you. Your love is undeserving especially to me a failure on so many levels. Your love is sacrificial. I mean you loved me so much you sent your son for me to take my place. This love I can never return. So many times I have stood you up, forgotten you, ran to someone else, and made you cry. I have disappointed you and yet you have never left my side, given up on me, or disowned me. You have stayed by my side, given me encouragement, you have seen all my tears and collected each one. I can never repay you for all you have done. You have brought people whom I have come to love into my life, you have taught me forgiveness. I can't put it all into words of how much I need you and depend on you even if I don't say it. God I am so grateful that you know me for me. God thanks for never changing. Thanks for loving me even though I have hurt you and you take all my pain. Truly bring me back to who you are and help me to continue to fall deeply in love with you.
Your princess,
Faith

Praise the Lord for all He has done in your life and all He is going to do. Thank Him for the special people in your life.

Love all of you.

Pray for my class this week as we talk about salvation and what it really means to be born again.

No comments:

Post a Comment