All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

it is all about the gutters...

the past couple of weeks I have encountered gutters more than I would like to. So the past two weeks it has been raining which is great. We always need rain here in Ghana so the fact that it is still rainy season is awesome. So because there has been so much rain there has been a lot of puddles, mud, and small lakes. While walking to school last week I encountered a puddle and there was no way around it. So with all of my things in my hand climbed up on this little ledge and straddle the gutter and walked until I could get down without falling in mud or stepping in the puddle. It was a very difficult task. However I made it but still managed to step in some mud.

Then at volleyball while bumping a ball went over the fence across the street and straight in the gutter. Here I am on the corner looking into the gutter and was about to say to myself sorry I am not going into the gutter a guy came over and said he would get it out for me. So I held everything he had in his hand and he crawled down and got it. Now the dilemma was carrying it back across the street to the school. I carried it with exactly two fingers and i through it over the wall and then ran to go wash my hands. Even though I washed my hands they stilled smelt horrible too. However the smell has come out.

Life here is going well, the weather is still really nice and of course it is rainy. I spend most of my time in my classroom, tutoring, playing volleyball with the high school and Jr. Higher, and hanging in my bedroom doing more school work. I got a new student on Friday and my class is already making sure he is welcomed.

Please pray for the decision that I am soon going to have to make at the end of November of what I am going to do next year. Pray for the teenagers that are coming out for volleyball. Continue to pray for a couple of boys in my study hall they are really searching for some answers to questions and that I would have answers to their questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment