All about Faith

My photo
Join the adventure of learning what GOD is doing in Ghana, West Africa.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

four girls, a spider the size of a tennis ball, and clean up

This weekend has started out crazy. I felt like little miss muffet in my house. Every where I went there was a huge spider. I went to the kitchen to make my food and almost stepped on one in bear feet. Then I went back to my room to wash my face and brush my teeth and I was brushing my teeth and I looked up and there was a huge smile less than an arms length away on the wall that crawled out from the mirror. I ran up stairs but I could not see anyone up so I sat on the couch until Tayler came out and she came to get Erin to come kill the spider. However, when we got back the spider was gone so we sprayed my room in the corners with raid. I left for school and when I got home I went into my bathroom and Mr. Spider was back so I called up stairs and everyone came running. ERin went to kill it meanwhile me, Tayler, and Shari are up on the bed in case it feels like running towards us as soon as Erin goes to hit it Tayler screams which makes me scream and SHari run. We are go running out of the room and Abdul our guard comes running to see if we are ok. We go back in to wait for it to come back and we raid it so now we think it is dead behind the mirror. We went out to the mall to eat pizza and when we came back we were still aware of the spider that was not there. Daniel had come in and took the dead spider out from behind the mirror. THis morning when I woke up I had the raid right by my bed ready to kill any spider that I saw. I woke up this morning at about 6.15 which is sleeping in for me here in Ghana. I got up and started doing laundry and washing dishes from all our cabinets which is a chore. Then the directors wife sent a text to see if anyone wanted to go basket shopping and fabric shopping and pedicures. So I was out busy doing some shopping. I got one basket that I am really excited about and then some really pretty fabric which I am supper excited about. THen I got a pedicure with hot pink nail polish again. It is fun.

Praise the Lord I have been healthy and my body has adjusted to Ghana very well. My class is really nice. I have all 12 of my students now and my classroom has changed a lot with just two more students. On Friday we got to have a discussion during reading about how sometimes God uses things that we see as horrible or bad luck to teach us something or show us what is important. We also talked about how God sometimes uses those situations to bring us back to Him or for somebody else to come to Him. Please pray for my class this year as they are a few students in my class that God is showing me patience with and sometimes it is really hard. On my calendar at school I wrote Colossians 1.9-14 just as a reminder of who gives me strength and who I am qualified by. Praise the Lord for his mercies every morning. Pray also for me as I have a high school Study hall during my lunch everyday minus Monday and Friday so pray that I can just share Christ with these students. Pray also for our mentoring program right now we have 7 kids pray for a good turn out of the high school kids. Please pray as we are still looking for a Bible teacher. Thanks for all your prayers. God is working in our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment